Some of you know that I did Nedra Sahr’s Fresh Start Cleanse training about a year ago. I did the cleanse myself last year and am doing it again right now and it.is.FANTASTIC!!!! Nedra is a nutritionist who’s been with Shaklee for a couple of DECADES and she knows her stuff. This cleanse has a clinical study supporting it for weight loss. But it offers you so much more! Inches lost as well as a whole mindset shift around food and healthy eating. I am craving salads instead of sweets and that says a LOT for this sugar addict. It also helps with metabolism, education around healthy food and it helps you to make a lifestyle shift toward healthy eating that still tastes good and helps you to form new habits that you will stick with!
Having said that, I made one of the Fresh start recipes in week 2 of the program this week and it was so good! I posted about it and had several asking for the recipe so thought it was easier to type it out one time here to be able to easily share! I highly recommend!!
Kira's Burrito Bowl
1 can black beans, drained ( I like Goya)
1 c. red rice (can use Jasmine if prefer)
2 1⁄4 c. vegetable stock
1 T. grape seed or coconut oil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. yellow onion, diced
1 c. carrots, small dice
1 c. red bell pepper, small dice
1c. zucchini, small dice
1 1/2 tsp. each - Oregano, Onion Powder, Cumin, Coriander, pinch salt/pepper
2 T. Lemon Juice
Guacamole (optional: blend chopped onion, chopped tomato and ripe avocado with lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper)
Endive leaves or lettuce leaves to scoop mixture into
1. Drain black beans.
2. Cook rice in 2 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, turn to simmer, cover until all liquid is absorbed and rice is done. About 15-20 minutes.
3. Use a pan large enough to hold all ingredients. Heat oil.
4. Sauté in order: carrots, peppers, onion, garlic and last zucchini. Do not overcook.
5. Turn pan down to low.
6. Add spices and stir.
7. Add rice and black beans.
8. Taste & correct seasoning with salt and pepper. Can add Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle.
9. Taste and adjust with lemon juice if needs acidity.
10. Use le over vegetable stock to keep the mix wet and “burrito lling “ consistency.
11. Spoon into endive leaves or lettuce leaves adding guacamole as desired.
add 2 cooked and chopped chicken breasts - optional
Want to learn more about the Fresh Start cleanse? I am coaching a group right now and can plug you in too! Contact me to talk more about this.
Thanks for reading and let me know if you try this recipe and how you like it!