It’s been cold and snowy here in Mississippi and I am on week 2 of the Fresh Start Cleanse! I am so happy to report that I have lost 6lbs and 5 inches so far and feel fantastic! So much energy and the cravings I used to have for carbs and sugar are pretty much gone!
One of my favorite Fresh Start recipes is this delicious Butternut Squash soup! It’s perfect for the winter weather and I love making soups this time of year. My whole family loves it! And it’s really easy and healthy to make.
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Simple, healthy and delicious soup!
- 1-2 med Butternut Squash cut in half and pierced with fork
- 1 med Granny Smith Apple peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 med yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves or 3/4 tsp dried sage
- 2-3 cups Veggie or low sodium chicken broth
- water as needed if too thick
- salt and pepper to taste (go easy here)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
1.Heat oven to 425. Roast squash in baking pan with a little water face down 50-60 min until soft
2. Saute Onion, apple, garlic and ginger in butter. Season with salt and pepper. 7 min until soft. Set aside.
3. When squash is ready and cooled a bit, scoop out flesh into pan and simmer, breaking up chunks of squash and adding broth, apple and onion mixture. About 15 min.
4. Using a blender or food processor, blend squash mixture adding liquid as needed until thicker soup consistency is reached and mix is smooth.
5. Can add more granny smith apple as garnish and enjoy!
This soup freezes well in mason jars to enjoy later!
If you’re interested in more details about the Fresh Start cleanse and to join and upcoming group, reach out to me. It’s a wonderful cleanse designed by a nutritionist in Shaklee, and has helped countless people lose weight and inches and keep it off while gaining energy and reducing cravings! I highly recommend and would be glad to help you with this.
Thanks for reading and please let me know if you try this soup and how you like it!